No. INDWF/Membership Verification /2009 Date: 27/12/2009
All Office Bearers/ Working Committee Members and Special Invitees of INDWF
All affiliated Unions of INDWF.
Kindly refer to our circular dated 17.12.2009 in which we have given the details about the Membership verification of all Unions affiliated to Recognized Federations, registered Unions and the Associations affiliated to confederation of Recognised Association (CDRA) to be held on 03.02.2009.
We have mentioned in the circular dated 17.12.2009 about 14 points for your information. In addition to above, we further would like to give the following details for your information and action.
All our affiliated Unions are requested to give the following to the Head of Establishment in writing.
i) Name of the Union.
ii) Copy of the affiliation certificate issued by INDWF.
iii) Latest receipt of levy paid to INDWF.
iv) Symbol of Union used in Works Committee election.
Claiming that the Union is functioning and demanding to include the Union in the verification together with symbol and the name of INDWF.
Voters list will be published on 10.01.2010 to the information of all.
All receipts of objections, addition/omission be rectified and final list is to be declared by 20.01.2010.
Model Ballot papers should be obtained by Union from the Management and to be displayed to the information of all employees.
• All category of employees of Group “C” including cooks in industrial canteens up to the Grade pay Rs.4200/- are eligible to participate in the verification.
• Flex/Digital Board for publicity with Federation Name, Union name and symbol be placed for publicity.
• Union should approach all the eligible voters fro favouring/voting to our Union.
• Hand bills may be issued about our achievements during this past 4 years from 2005-09.
Effective publicity, propaganda, gate meetings, canvassing should be done since the results are counted for JCM-IV level seats also.
During the polling and counting of votes, Union representatives should remain as Agents like in the Works Committee elections. This is more than Works Committee elections. The prestige of Federation and Unions are involved.
Employees drawing grade pay Rs.4200/- including OS, Asst, Pharmacist and similar Non-industrial personnel (excluding charge man) in industrial Establishment ( Fys, Depots, MES, DRDO etc) are eligible to vote.
All other non-industrial employees (including erstwhile group “D”) and clericial, store keeping staff can participate in the voting and can vote in favor of Unions also. If they wish since they are also coming under the definition of workmen. After the results the following details of voting of each Union may be sent to Federation (INDWF)
Name of Union Total Votes of Unit (Employees) Total Nos of Votes polled No of votes secured by each Union/ Association Percentage secured by our Union.
Kindly make necessary steps and if required any further clarification you may contact the General Secretary, INDWF.
Achievements of INDWF in respect of the Defence civilian Employees matters from its formation to till date (1959-2009)
Indian National Defence Workers Federation is one of the premier trade Union organizations of the Defence civilian Employees functioning for the last 50 years.
This Federation is representing in various JCM Councils of HQRS JCM III Levels such as Army, Navy, Airforce, DGQA, DGAQA, DGOF, DRDO, Ministry of Defence and in National Council JCM since its formation ( from 1966) and representing effectively and sorted out many issues of Defence Civilian Employees and protecting their interests. Through various pay commissions right from II, III rd, IV th, Vth and VI th Pay Commission, the pay scale were revised timely. Originally, the demand was for the Govt employees was at par with Railways and subsequently the demand was parity with Public Sector in IV the CPC. Now we have achieved the parity even more than Public Sector employees through VI th CPC recommendations.
After III rd CPC, Expert classification committee was appointed and further anomalies committee was appointed to upgrade the pay scales of the Group ‘D’ and ‘C’ employees of Industrial employees in Defence.
• Through these committees, the scales of Rs.196+10, were merged with Rs.210-290.
• Industrial ratio of 15:20:65 was introduced for 23 trades initially.
• Semi skilled appointments were declared against skilled vacancies.
• On completion of 2/3 years in semiskilled grade they were promoted to skilled grade.
• MCM grade was introduced 10% against 15% of HS Grade-I
• In Ordnance Factories through Guha Committee (JCM III Sub-committee) 267 trade were brought down to 64 trades by rationalization of trades (Abolition and merger)
• Out of the rationalization, we have made 12000 promotions to various grades during Dec, 1999.
• Through V th CPC, the demand for introduction of Assured Career Progression (ACP) (Minimum 2 promotions in total service career) was introduced w.ef. 09.08.1999. DRTC.
• (Flexible promotion scheme) was introduced for Technical staff of DRDO which is now giving promotions for 30 % every year after completion of 5 years.
• During 2002, the demand for re-structuring of industrial trades in Defence was made to agree by the Govt of India, and the revised ratio was introduced w.e.f. 20.05.2003 as a result of which :
• MCM grade was created for all industrial trades with 25% of 55 HS grade.
• 45% : 55 % Ratio was introduced for skilled and HS grade ( HS II & HS I merged)
• MCM was declared as not a regular promotion grade.
• Given effective from 20.05.2003 retrospectively.
• One time relaxation from trade test and qualifying service (minimum service)
• About 70,000 employees of Defecne out of 2.08 Lakhs Trades man got promotion opportunities in one stroke.
• After introduction of ACP scheme, with our continuous efforts, semi skilled to skilled promotion was ignored and HSK to MCM was also not counted for ACP. With this decision, employees appointed as semiskilled on completion of 12 & 24 years of service elevated to Rs.5000-8000. This has given a big relief to many thousands of employees in Defence from their stagnation. This was a biggest achievement of INDWF as this was only demanded by INDWF and made the Govt to accept.
• Major achievement was to remove the disparity in Earned Leave between Industrial employees and other NIES and NGOS in Defence in respect of accumulation and encashment. Govt of India agreed during Nov 2006 to enhance accumulation of EL up to 300 days and total encashment.
• Encashment of EL up to 30 days for IES in Defence.
• Appointment of VI th CPC and revision of pay scales after 10 years. Early appointment and timely implementation w.e.f. 01.01.2006 was achieved. Payment of arrears in cash. A total achievement was due to INTUC and INDWF efforts.
• Enhancement of minimum Bonus ceiling from Rs 2500/- to 3500/- by issuing special Ordnance on 27.10.2007 with effect 2006-07 and payment of arrears for 2006-07 and 2007-08. This was made applicable to Defence employees also.
• Appointment of National Anomaly committee and Departmental Anomaly committee to remove the anomalies of Vith CPC.
• Un-skilled and SSK labourer Posts are merged and placed in Rs. 1800/- GP and earlier Promotions/ACP were not counted for future ACP.
• Fireman Scale up gradation to Rs 1900/- and merger of Fireman II & I.
• Clerical Cadre Review was implemented in Ord Fys.
• Removal of Stagnation of Store keepers, Supervisors on completion of 12 years is under consideration.
• Giving Piece Work Profit to Piece Workers from the date of Promotion instead of pending Pay fixation.
• Granting of Rs 100/- Minimum Promotions benefit to those HS I Promoted between 1-1-1996 – 19-05-1997.
• NDA- Payment of arrears of NDA between 1996 till date on Ivth CPC Notional Pay taking into DA, Annual increment, Promotions etc.
• Direct Recruitment in Skilled for Ex Trade APP.
• Still INDWF is continuing its efforts to achieve many issues pending before Govt of India.